Nancy Pelosi Issues Statement on ‘Life-Threatening Attack’ on Husband Paul Pelosi

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Nancy Pelosi Issues Statement on ‘Life-Threatening Attack’ on Husband Paul Pelosi

Bericht door noumoe »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/1 ... ul-pelosi/

By Kristinn Taylor
Published October 29, 2022

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi issued a statement Saturday night on the “life-threatening” attack on her 82-year-old husband Paul at their San Francisco home early Friday morning while she was reportedly in Washington, D.C. Pelosi indicated the attack was worse than reported as she said her husband was given “life-saving medical care.”
photo_2022-10-31_22-59-03.jpg
Paul and Nancy Pelosi at the Grammy Awards, January 25, 2020, Mark Ralston/Getty Images

According to police, Paul Pelosi was beaten with a hammer by an intruder, David DePape, 42, who allegedly yelled, “Where is Nancy?” The beating took place in front of police officers who had responded to a mysterious middle of the night 911 call and saw the two men fighting over control of a hammer when they arrived at the Pelosi house.

Paul Pelosi underwent surgery to repair a fractured skull and injuries to his right arm and hands on Friday. DePape was also hospitalized with unspecified injuries, according to police.

The statement was released as a ‘Dear Colleague’ letter to House members:

Dear Colleague,

Yesterday morning, a violent man broke into our family home, demanded to confront me and brutally attacked my husband Paul. Our children, our grandchildren and I are heartbroken and traumatized by the life-threatening attack on our Pop. We are grateful for the quick response of law enforcement and emergency services, and for the life-saving medical care he is receiving.

Please know that the outpouring of prayers and warm wishes from so many in the Congress is a comfort to our family and is helping Paul make progress with his recovery. His condition continues to improve.

We are also comforted by the words of the Book of Isaiah: “Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

We thank you and pray for the continued safety and well-being of your family.

Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins issued an update on the case against DePape, “We are coordinating closely with federal and local law enforcement partners on this investigation. We will bring forward multiple felony charges on Monday and expect DePape to be arraigned on Tuesday. DePape will be held accountable for his heinous crimes.”

Jenkins had earlier posted the charges she expected to file, while noting a motive was still under investigation:

1/ The investigation into this horrific attack continues. We are coordinating closely w/ fed. & local law enforcement partners. As of now, we believe there will be enough evidence to charge multiple felonies: attempted murder, assault w/ a deadly weapon, burglary & elder abuse.

2/ Although DePape’s motives are still under investigation, there is absolutely no place for violent attacks like this in our community. No one should be the target of this kind of violence, let alone our leaders and their families in their own homes.

3/ My thoughts and prayers are with the Pelosi family, and I wish Paul a speedy recovery. We will do everything in our power to hold the perpetrator accountable.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Pelosi”