Contacteer:

Huma Abedin open to potential run for office: ‘Never say never’

Bericht door noumoe »

https://nypost.com/2022/10/16/huma-abed ... or-office/

Huma Abedin open to potential run for office: ‘Never say never’
By Jesse O’Neill
October 16, 2022
Knipsel.JPG
Former Hillary Clinton senior staffer Huma Abedin is leaving the door open for a potential run for elected office.

In an interview Sunday on John Catsimatidis’ WABC 770 AM show “Cats Roundtable.,” Abedin — vice chair of Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and chief of staff during her failed bid for the 2008 Democratic nomination –conceded she’s more comfortable working behind the scenes.

“I’m in that phase of my life where I say, ‘Never say never,'” said Abedin, 46, alluding to past personal turmoil.

“I was married for a long time to one of, I think, the most dynamic politicians out there and successful — and I worked for another politician,” she said. “I loved supporting them. I’ve always been ambivalent about me being out in public myself.”

“Who knows what the future holds? You never know, but I doubt it. I really seriously doubt it,” the Manhattan resident said.

The longtime Clinton staffer is separated from her husband, convicted sex offender and former Queens congressman Anthony Wiener.
Knipsel.JPG
The FBI’s investigation of Weiner’s underage sexting activities publicly dovetailed with a federal probe of Clinton’s private email server. Less than two weeks later, Clinton lost to Donald Trump after investigators found emails from Abedin with sensitive information on Wiener’s computer.

Neither Abedin or Clinton were charged, and both denied accusations of impropriety.

Abedin started working for Hillary as an intern in the Bill Clinton White House in 1996. She served as the first lady’s personal adviser during her successful run for US Senate in 2000 — and was tapped as her deputy chief of staff when Hillary Clinton was appointed Secretary of State in 2009.

The political luminary — recently romantically linked to actor Bradley Cooper — is now promoting her new book “Both/And.”

“You can be both, and. You can do lots of different things and for me being both you know uh sort of my background, being Arab and Muslim and also, you know, being a patriot,” said the Michigan native, who moved to Saudi Arabia when she was two years old.

“I’ve always worked behind the scenes, but I love my country.”

Abedin told Catsimatidis the low point of working for the New York senator, diplomat and presidential wannabe was the 9/11 attacks, and the high point her Democratic nomination in 2016.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Huma”