The most extraordinary honor of my life': Former president Donald J. Trump writes movingly for DailyMail.com

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

The most extraordinary honor of my life': Former president Donald J. Trump writes movingly for DailyMail.com

Bericht door noumoe »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-masthead

EXCLUSIVE: 'The most extraordinary honor of my life': Former president Donald J. Trump writes movingly for DailyMail.com of his time with the 'iconic' Queen - and her riposte when he asked: 'Who WAS your favorite PM?'
Former President lauds the late Queen’s ‘grace, charm, nobility… she was an icon to the world and her loss is felt by billions’

‘She was beloved by the American People like few others - the Queen was truly special to us,’ he writes
Gives a heartfelt account of ‘talking the whole evening’ and being with her ‘side-by-side’ during his state visit to the UK…memories he and Melania will ‘cherish for the rest of our lives’
Says ‘she saw her country through the Blitz of London, the Cold War, the Falklands conflict, the coal miners’ strikes, Brexit, COVID, and so much more - she was always there for her people—resolute and unflappable’
‘Her Majesty missed nothing,’ he writes. ‘She always knew exactly what to say…’ revealing her answer to his intriguing question about Britain’s PMs
As we grieve,’ he writes, ‘we are comforted that King Charles III will be a great and outstanding successor… Melania and I were blessed to get to know him well… he will be an inspiration to the British People’
His generous tribute concludes: ‘She was Britain at its best. God bless the Queen. God bless her family. God bless the United Kingdom’
Full coverage: Click here to see all our coverage of the Queen’s passing
By DONALD J. TRUMP FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:00 BST, 10 September 2022 |

The whole of civilization is in mourning. The passing of Queen Elizabeth II, the enlightened monarch who reigned over the United Kingdom for 70 years, is a loss felt by billions around the world.

This week, and in the weeks ahead, we especially grieve for the royal family — we can only imagine their sorrow.

And we express our solidarity with all the people of the United Kingdom and every realm of the Commonwealth she so loved.

Few in history have more fully exemplified the traits of dignity, steadfastness, resolve, duty, and patriotic devotion.

She counseled 15 Prime Ministers and 13 Presidents, and was the longest-serving monarch in the history of England and the United Kingdom.

Spending time with Her Majesty was one of the most extraordinary honors of my life.

I grew up in a household where Queen Elizabeth — her grace, her charm, her nobility — were deeply admired, especially by my mother, who came from Scotland.
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG
The times we spent with the Queen at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle are memories Melania and I will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Her Majesty had a sharp mind, missed nothing, and always knew exactly what to say.

At our unforgettable State Dinner three years ago, we got along wonderfully, talking the whole evening.

That same week, the 75th anniversary of D-Day, we sat side-by-side to honor the sacrifice of the British and American warriors who fought and bled together in the Second World War.

I will forever be grateful for the privilege of getting to know this unparalleled leader.

As monarch, Her Majesty the Queen was the personal embodiment of nearly a century of British history.

Every Prime Minister from Winston Churchill onward served under her.

When I asked her who was her favorite, she told me she liked them all.

She saw her country through the Blitz of London, the Cold War, the Falklands conflict, the coal miners’ strikes, Brexit, COVID, and so much more.

No matter what challenges came, she was always there for her people—resolute and unflappable, stabilizing and reassuring by her very presence.

In the face of all adversity, she embodied the uniquely British attribute of a firm and quiet resolve.

The qualities that served Queen Elizabeth so well as monarch also endeared her to the hearts of countless people all over the world.
Knipsel.JPG
Trump, pictured with Melania and the Queen at Buckingham Palace in June 2019, said that the Queen diplomatically refused to be drawn on her favorite president after he asked which US leader she enjoyed meeting best
Knipsel.JPG
From Africa to Asia to the Americas, she was the United Kingdom’s greatest emissary.

Through her travels to well over 100 countries, she touched countless lives, spreading confidence, goodwill, and admiration for British values everywhere she went.

Nowhere was this truer than in the United States.

The treasured friendship and precious bond between America and the United Kingdom, which we call the Special Relationship, meant that Her Majesty the Queen was truly special to us as well.

She was respected and beloved by the American People like few other figures in modern times.

Above all, the Queen was great because Britain is great.

In her person, the world witnessed the fullest expression of the British spirit.

The virtues she epitomized were the virtues of the British people.
Knipsel.JPG
By her example, we saw what it means to be British—a people who are strong and unwavering, wise and just, noble and majestic; a people who are serious, but good-humored; proud, but righteous; and indeed a people who are a blessing to the entire world.

That was Queen Elizabeth, and that is the United Kingdom. She was Great Britain at its very best.

It will take time for us to fully absorb the extent of this loss.

She was indispensable—a beloved Sovereign of her Kingdom, an icon to the world, a legend in her time.

As we grieve, we are comforted that King Charles III will be a great and outstanding successor to his cherished mother.

Melania and I were blessed to get to know him well when we visited England.

He dearly loves the U.K. and its people. I know he will prove to be an inspiration to the British People, and that under Charles’s reign, they will continue to persevere through all challenges, and push relentlessly onward toward their great destiny in which Queen Elizabeth II so deeply believed.

God bless the Queen. God bless her family. God bless the United Kingdom.

Donald J. Trump was the 45th president of the United States.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Royalty”