'They'll have to kill me first'

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

'They'll have to kill me first'

Bericht door noumoe »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tting.html

EXCLUSIVE - 'They'll have to kill me first': Steve Bannon tears into Biden for 'stirring up violence against his opponents' with recent speeches and rhetoric that could get him 'assassinated' after his DC home was SWATTED
Armed police were called to Steve Bannon's home on Thursday evening
It happened minutes before Joe Biden attacked opponents for 'political violence' and after he accused 'MAGA Republicans' of 'semi-fascism'
On Friday, Bannon accused the White House of stirring up hatred
And he claimed the rhetoric was designed to unleash unstable forces on critics
'I'm never going to stop so they'll have to kill me first,' he said
The Georgia home of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was last week 'swatted' as well
By ROB CRILLY, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:02 BST, 2 September 2022

Steve Bannon on Friday accused the White House of trying to stir up leftwing extremists in an effort to have opponents killed, after armed police descended on his Washington, D.C., home in an apparent 'swatting.'

He was not home at the time but blamed President Joe Biden and his administration for whipping up hatred against Donald Trump and his allies.

'I'm never going to stop so they'll have to kill me first,' he told DailyMail.com.

'And if they kill me so bad.'

Police in the nation's capital said cops were called to Bannon's home - from where the former White House chief strategist normally broadcasts his War Room radio show - on A Street NE at 7:17 pm local time.

That was minutes before Biden delivered a set-piece speech on the 'battle for the soul of the nation,' and hours after White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre appeared to denounce anyone whose beliefs were outside the mainstream as 'extreme.'

Bannon has been a pivotal player in attempts to overturn the 2020 election result. And he has used his radio show and social media accounts to amplify claims that the country is descending into war.

On Friday he drew a direct line between the White House rhetoric and someone making a 911 call directing armed police to his home.
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (29.06 KiB) 64 keer bekeken
'This is 100 percent triggered by the White House: the White House spokeswoman earlier that day, Biden's announcements over the last couple of days,' he said.

'The White House is trying to use this type of violence. They're stirring up the unstable people on the far left to do this.'

It is the second time his home has been swatted.

In July a caller told police that there had been a shooting at the address, before reportedly threatening to take his own life if officers approached the house.

When police arrived, they quickly determined it was a prank call.

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene - another close ally of Trump - was the target last week when heavily armed police were called to her Georgia home.

Far from being a prank, the arrival of heavily armed police primed for a violent confrontation can be used as a form of harassment - and has sometimes ended in fatal shootings.

'The calls are very specific and the calls are to trigger the police to use deadly force,' said Bannon, who has taken his radio show on the road, visiting swing districts and states ahead of November's midterm elections.

His claims come as Biden has taken a tougher line on his political opponents.

On Thursday night, he denounced Trump and his supporters in the Make America Great Again (MAGA) movement as a threat to American democracy.
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (71.78 KiB) 64 keer bekeken
'Too much of what's happening in our country today is not normal,' he said during a speech at Independence Hall in Philadelphia.

'Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.'

A week earlier, in Bethesda, Maryland, he compared the 'MAGA philosophy' with 'semi-fascism.'

And ahead of the speech, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was pressed repeatedly for a definition of MAGA Republicans.

'They want a nationwide ban on abortions. They want to give tax cuts to billionaires and corporations while raising taxes on middle class Americans,' she said during a briefing.

'They are threatening political violence.'

The White House did not respond to a request to comment on Bannon's specific allegations.

Bannon himself has been a central player in efforts to overturn the outcome of the 2020 election.

He faces sentencing next month for two counts of contempt of Congress for refusing to give evidence to the House investigation into the January 6 riot.

A day before Trump supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol building he said on his show: 'All hell is going to break loose tomorrow.'

Nor has he condemned the violence.

Even so, he blamed the White House for deliberately enflaming the hard left.

'Biden is stirring up his most unstable and radical element to use any means necessary to physically harm or suppress dissenting voices,' he claimed.

'This has never happened in American history. And it's directly what he's done over the last 72 hours, everything from the Bethesda speech to last night is aimed very specifically at stirring up violence against his political opponents.'

He said he was a target because he and his War Room show had been the first to develop grassroots strategies for taking control of election precincts with an army of workers ready to challenge election results, and for targeting school board elections.

'They understand our strategies are working and they're trying to stop War Room,' he said.

'They're trying to stop the show before November 8. They'll do anything.'

He added that he had nothing but praise for the way police had reacted.

'These people show up as they're supposed to. Because they think they are are coming into emergency situations,' he said.

'What's happened to MTG and myself is they're trying to get us assassinated, by using law enforcement.'
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Steve Bannon”