Contacteer:

Dr. Peter Navarro Sues Pelosi and Her Unconstitutional Jan 6 Committee

Bericht door noumoe »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... committee/

Dr. Peter Navarro Sues Pelosi and Her Unconstitutional Jan 6 Committee
By Joe Hoft
Published May 31, 2022
photo_2022-05-31_21-34-04.jpg
Dr. Peter Navarro is suing Speaker Pelosi for the unconstitutional Jan 6 Committee she put in place to harass President Trump and those who support to the President.

Yahoo news reported yesterday that Dr. Peter Navarro will sue the corrupt Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, for her unconstitutional Jan 6 committee and its actions today.

Peter Navarro, a former trade adviser to then-President Donald Trump, announced he would file a federal lawsuit Tuesday challenging a subpoena from the House committee investigating the Capitol attack Jan. 6, 2021.

The panel subpoenaed him for testimony about a plan called the “Green Bay Sweep” to delay certification of President Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 election. Navarro described the plan in his book “In Trump Time” as the “last, best chance to snatch a stolen election from the Democrats’ jaws of deceit.”

But Navarro, who is representing himself in the lawsuit, called the Green Bay Sweep strategy legal and constitutional under the 1887 Electoral Count Act. He is fighting the subpoena by arguing the committee is illegitimate and partisan.

And Navarro invoked executive privilege to keep communications with the president confidential. He joined a handful of Republican members lawmakers defying the committee and more than a dozen Trump aides and advisers who have filed lawsuits challenging committee subpoenas in court.“Each of the issues raised in the lawsuit – which took several months to prepare – are ripe for the judiciary to address; I find it my duty to raise these issues now rather than submit to the coercion of a kangaroo committee,” Navarro told USA TODAY. “This case ultimately is about whether partisans in Congress are free to weaponize their investigatory powers – I think not – as well as the critical role that executive privilege and testimonial immunity play in ensuring effective presidential decision-making.”
Dr. Navarro shared the following on his website:

On February 9, 2022, I received a subpoena in which I was “commanded to be and appear before a Kangaroo Court established by Nancy Pelosi, AKA the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.”

Upon receipt of this subpoena, as a former senior White House adviser to President Donald J. Trump clearly covered by testimonial immunity, I was faced with several choices, including: (1) respect President Trump’s invoking of executive privilege in the Committee’s investigation and fail to comply with the subpoena; or (2) unilaterally waive President Trump’s Executive Privilege and my own testimonial immunity by providing all of the requested documents and testifying before the Committee as commanded.

I chose Option #1; and Pelosi’s Kangaroo Court responded with a criminal contempt of Congress, with the intent to imprison me and fine me. In this suit, I argue that the January 6th Committee is unconstitutional and unlawful and its subpoenas are thereby unenforceable.

The fact of the matter here is that if this Kangaroo Court of a Committee is allowed to continue in its present form, it will continue to make a mockery of due process, the separation of powers, any legitimacy behind the power of Congress to investigate, and thereby do great damage to our Republic.

Please read this case carefully and you will see that it is time for the U.S. Supreme Court to weigh in on this whole issue.

They are not coming for me. They are coming for Donald Trump. I’m just in their way.

Earlier this year, Navarro shared that he would not comply with the Jan 6 Committee lie.

See the filing below from Dr. Navarro’s website.

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Capitol Jan 6 2021”