West Point Cadets Being Taught Marxism In The Name of 'Social Equality'

Punisher2021

Bericht door Punisher2021 »

https://bit.ly/3yPs0Mb
photo_2021-08-16_08-47-31.jpg
‘Teaching Marxism in the Name of Social Equality,’ West Point Teaches Cadets How to be Woke
AP Photo/Eduardo Munoz Alvarez
AP Photo/Eduardo Munoz Alvarez
OPINION: This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion

West Point, the United States Army’s military academy, is reportedly teaching its students Marxism as part of a larger indoctrination system, a military official says. Future officers graduating from the academy are expected to take classes that critics say furthers the goal of socially engineering the cadets with an education based on woke culture.

The Washington Times reported this week that the three classes in particular including “Social Inequality,” “Military Leadership: Leading Inclusive Teams,” and “Politics of Race Gender and Sexuality and Diversity” are designed as a form of social engineering and politicization of the school’s 4,300 cadets.

In addition, West Point also offers a seminar on “diversity and inclusion that features images of Black Lives Matter protesters,” the publication reported.

An official who spoke to the Washington Times stated that the classes are “primarily focused on teaching our nation’s young men and women Marxism in the name of ‘social equality.”

The military official said the ideologies taught in the classes are part of a “postmodernism” approach that, along with critical race theory, seeks to attack science and reason to reshape society.

“This Marxist postmodern ideology has no business in the military,” the official said. “The United States cannot have a military that endorses one ideology over another. The military is an organization that gives and receives orders. Therefore, once the ideology is prevalent, it will be mandated throughout the organization.

According to the Times, the courses were implemented under Army Brig. Gen. Cindy Jebb, who recently retired as West Point’s dean of the academic board. In addition to the three aforementioned courses, Critical Race Theory is also taught at West Point, as first disclosed by Rep. Michael Weltz (R-FL) at a House Armed Services Committee in June, when he confronted Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s claim that Critical Race Theory was not being taught in the U.S. military.

Waltz quoted a letter from West Point superintendent Army Lt. Gen Darryl Williams, who confirmed that CRT is indeed taught at the academy.

FREE Gold Plated President Trump 2024 Coin - Get Yours Now While Supplies Last

The assertions made in the article come amid an op-ed in the Washington Post by Lynne Chandler Garcia, an associate professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy, who detailed how the professor teaches critical race theory.

The article, which was published in the wake of Gen. Mark A. Milley’s defense of teaching the Marxist-oriented theory at the United States’ top military academies before Congress.

Garcia wrote:

As a professor of political science at the U.S. Air Force Academy, I teach critical race theories to our nation’s future military leaders because it is vital that cadets understand the history of the racism that has shaped both foreign and domestic policy.

Cadets, like all military members, take an oath to defend the Constitution with their lives — so it is crucial they have a sensitive understanding of that Constitution.

In my classes, cadets learn about the ideals embedded in this founding document. We explore the liberalist theories that promoted these ideals, and we embrace our democratic system of government. But we also acknowledge that the United States was founded on a duality: liberalism and equal rights on the one hand; inequality, inegalitarianism and second-class citizenship on the other.

In response to the article, Rep. Mark Green (R-TN) sent a letter to the acting secretary of the Air Force demanding the professor’s removal.

Green, a West Point graduate, called the professor’s stance a “full-throttled attack on our country and her support for Critical Race Theory render her unqualified to teach in one of our prestigious military academies,” per the Daily Wire.

“How are our future Air Force leaders supposed to take an oath to defend the Constitution if they are being taught that it is racist and promotes inequality?” he asked.

“As a graduate of West Point and Army veteran, I know firsthand what is taught at these service academies leaves a lasting impact. It was at West Point where I first raised my right hand and took the oath to defend our Constitution,” he wrote. “My professors there taught me the importance of serving our nation — both in uniform and in public office.”

LATEST TRENDS LATEST TRENDS LATEST TRENDS LATEST TRENDS LATEST TRENDS
Ben Carson: 'Memory Loss is Finally a Thing of the Past!"
If You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is a Must-Have. No Install.
Angry Democrats Are Trying To Take This Video Down (Hurry!)
How To Lose 40.5 Lbs In A Month (Drink This Once Every Day)
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Military”