Gowdy Makes Huge Announcement About John Durham

Punisher2021

Gowdy Makes Huge Announcement About John Durham

Bericht door Punisher2021 »

photo_2021-07-18_12-03-30.jpg
Gowdy Makes Huge Announcement About John Durham.

https://conservativebrief.com/gowdy-say ... edium=RP78

Gowdy Says Trump Allies ‘Don’t Have A Clue’ About John Durham’s Progress

OPINION: This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion

Former Republican lawmaker Trey Gowdy said “high-level members of the Trump administration” have no idea what is happening in special counsel John Durham’s investigation.

During a segment on his podcast, Gowdy said he recently met with some former officials and discussed Durham’s probe into the origins and conduct of the FBI’s Russia investigation.

Gowdy said Trump allies “don’t have a clue” about Durham’s progress or timetable, which many will find concerning.

“The reality is no one knows,” Gowdy said. “I mean I — there are people that were really, really high up in government. Like really high up in government in the last administration that I talked to in the last week, and they don’t have a clue.”

“I certainly don’t [know] as just a regular old, washed-up former country prosecutor in South Carolina. I don’t know,” he added.

Gowdy explored several possibilities regarding the status of Durham’s inquiry.

The former federal prosecutor also described what he thought should and should not be disclosed to the public.

“Part of me thinks that prosecutors who don’t have enough to allege a crime need to keep their mouths shut,” he said.

“And part of me thinks that this is more than just a criminal investigation. It’s a counterintelligence investigation. It’s an investigation into whether procedures and powers that we give government, whether folks were good stewards of those powers, and you could make an argument that we should know that,” he added.

“We should know whether or not someone abused their authority or their power in a non-criminal way. And I guess we should know if they did so in a criminal way, but for some reason, the case is not prosecutable, I guess. But I am not convinced that we should know everyone who is investigated but never charged because that’s just not the way the system works,” Gowdy said.

Gowdy also critiqued his former Republican colleagues in Congress, some of whom spent years hyping up Durham’s investigation with talk about their hope for indictments.

“The lesson here, one of the lessons here I think, to my former Republican colleagues, is when you over-promise, or you assure people that there are going to be indictments,” he said, “and you assure people that folks are going to jail, and you have no power and no access to make sure that happens, you just after a while begin to lose credibility. Which is why you have never heard me say, ‘I promise you someone is going to jail as a result of the Durham probe.'”

Listen below:

Donald Trump has made it clear he’s furious with Durham and the delay on his report about the origins of the Russia investigation.

Trump issued a statement decrying the time it has been taking Durham to produce the report that many believed would have been issued prior to the 2020 presidential election.

“Where’s Durham? Is he a living, breathing human being? Will there ever be a Durham report?” Trump said back in late March.

And now a report from Fox News said that Durham is taking his time on the investigation, with many concerned about how quiet he has been.
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “John Durham”