Site Admin
Contacteer:

Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million to the Obama Foundation

Bericht door noumoe »

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... -the-obama

Nothing to see here…

Former Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million to the Obama Foundation to honor the legacy of civil rights icon and former Congressman John Lewis.

Obama Foundation CEO Valerie Jarrett said the foundation is “thrilled” by Bezos’ pledge.
photo_2021-11-23_22-27-30.jpg
Story at a glance

Bezos has asked, as part of the largest gift ever given to the foundation, that a plaza at the Obama Presidential Center be named the John Lewis Plaza.
“Freedom fighters deserve a special place in the pantheon of heroes, and I can’t think of a more fitting person to honor with this gift than John Lewis, a great American leader and a man of extraordinary decency and courage,” Bezos said.
Since leaving Amazon, Bezos has made a series of philanthropic donations.
Former Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million to the Obama Foundation to honor the legacy of civil rights icon and former Congressman John Lewis.

Bezos has asked, as part of the largest gift ever given to the foundation, that a plaza at the Obama Presidential Center be named the John Lewis Plaza, the Obama Foundation said in a statement.

“Freedom fighters deserve a special place in the pantheon of heroes, and I can’t think of a more fitting person to honor with this gift than John Lewis, a great American leader and a man of extraordinary decency and courage,” Bezos said in the statement. “I’m thrilled to support President and Mrs. Obama and their Foundation in its mission to train and inspire tomorrow’s leaders.”

Obama Foundation CEO Valerie Jarrett said the foundation is “thrilled” by Bezos’ pledge.

“What’s more, Mr. Bezos’ generous unrestricted gift will enable us to help train a new generation of leaders through programs including the Girls Opportunity Alliance, My Brother’s Keeper, and our Global Leaders Program, while also supporting the Foundation’s Hometown Fund, which invests in the expansion of economic development opportunities for residents of Chicago’s South Side,” Jarret added.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Obama's”