entire-police-command-force-quit-under-her-rule

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

entire-police-command-force-quit-under-her-rule

Bericht door noumoe »

https://resistthemainstream.org/democra ... dawakening

Democrat Mayor Whose Entire Police Command Force Quit Under Her Rule Loses Primary
Alexa June 23, 2021
mayor-750x394.jpg
The Democratic mayor took a shellacking in the polls Tuesday night to primary challenger, fellow Democrat Malik Evans.

Warren, who was first elected in 2013, will not run on another party line, essentially assuring city councilman Evans will become mayor of Rochester.

Evans handily took the race, snagging 66% of the vote.

Warren sparked national headlines last year for her handling of the Daniel Prude case. In September, the entire Rochester Police Department (RPD) command staff, including then-Police Chief La’Ron Singletary, resigned over the handling of the case and Warren’s actions.

“As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character,” Singletary said at the time, a veiled shot at Warren. “The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity. The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochester Community know my reputation and know what I stand for. The mischaracterization and the politicization of the actions that I took after being informed of Mr. Prude’s death is not based on facts, and is not what I stand for.”

Following his resignation announcement, Warren fired Singletary. The former Rochester police chief soon after filed a notice of claim to the city alleging defamation of character, hostile work environment, and wrongful and retaliatory termination wherein he accused Warren of repeatedly telling him to lie over the Prude case.

“I repeatedly refused to lie for Mayor Warren,” Singletary said in the filing. “Pressure to support Mayor Warren’s narrative also came from other city officials.”

Warren was then indicted on two felony campaign finances charges “that threatened to remove her from office if she was convicted,” The New York Times reported.

And last month, Warren’s home was raided in connection to a major seven-month-long drug investigation. The mayor’s husband, Timothy Granison, was arrested and hit with two drug charges and one gun charge.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige”