Kyle Rittenhouse launches countersuit against Gaige Grosskreutz after being sued for emotional distress

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Kyle Rittenhouse launches countersuit against Gaige Grosskreutz after being sued for emotional distress

Bericht door noumoe »

https://thepostmillennial.com/kyle-ritt ... aign=64483

AMERICAN NEWS Apr 15, 2023
"Today I have filed a counter lawsuit against Mr. Grosskreutz-for assault and emotional distress we look forward to holding him accountable in court"
photo_2023-04-26_11-11-55.jpg
On Friday, Kyle Rittenhouse announced he was countersuing Gaige Grosskreutz, the man injured by Rittenhouse after he was shot during the 2020 Kenosha riots and who announced in February that he was suing Rittenhouse for emotional distress.

Rittenhouse posted on Twitter, "Today I have filed a counter lawsuit against Mr. Grosskreutz-for assault and emotional distress we look forward to holding him accountable in court" and linked to his GiveSendGo.

In February, Grosskreutz filed a lawsuit against Rittenhouse seeking punitive damages for emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, humiliation, and other pain and suffering.

Rittenhouse told Fox News, "I guess it came as a shock to why he's filing a lawsuit because he admitted that he pointed a gun in my face and that he chased me down" and that he was ready to "prove my innocence again."

On November 19, 2021, Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges related to an incident where he used an AR-15 to defend his life during a Black Lives Matter riot.

Rittenhouse pleaded not guilty to charges that included first-degree reckless homicide in the death of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, first-degree homicide in the death of Anthony Huber, 26, first-degree attempted homicide for injuring Grosskreutz, and two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety.

Rittenhouse said that he went to Kenosha with his rifle to protect businesses from damage and the shootings were in self defense, while Grosskreutz joined the riot.

During the trial, Grosskreutz testified that he pointed a firearm at the then-17-year-old. Rittenhouse then shot Grosskreutz in the arm but Grosskreutz claimed on the stand that he had his hands in the air as he neared Rittenhouse.

Grosskreutz claimed that when he raised his gun it was not in an attempt to shoot the teenager.

Grosskreutz's lawsuit was filed two weeks after a Wisconsin judge ruled that a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Anthony Huber's father could move forward against Rittenhouse, along with several police officers and officials.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Kyle RittenhouseTrial”