Obamas complained about being black and oppressed from luxury yacht in Greek islands after affirmative action overturned

noumoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Obamas complained about being black and oppressed from luxury yacht in Greek islands after affirmative action overturned

Bericht door noumoe »

https://thepostmillennial.com/obamas-co ... reme-court

AMERICAN NEWS Jul 2, 2023
Obamas complained about being black and oppressed from luxury yacht in Greek islands after affirmative action overturned by Supreme Court
"We just accept that money, power, and privilege are perfectly justifiable forms of affirmative action."
photo_2023-07-03_22-49-20.jpg
Photos leaked on Friday show that the Obamas were on a lavish vacation in Greece with Hollywood star Tom Hanks and his family as they were tweeting about oppression after the Supreme Court struck down affirmative action.

In a statement posted on Twitter former first lady Michelle Obama said, "I was one of the few Black students on my campus, and I was proud of getting into such a respected school. I knew I’d worked hard for it." She continued, "Still, I sometimes wondered if people thought I got there because of affirmative action. It was a shadow that students like me couldn’t shake, whether those doubts came from the outside or inside our own minds."

"The fact is this: I belonged. And semester after semester, decade after decade, for more than half a century, countless students like me showed they belonged, too," she said. "So often, we just accept that money, power, and privilege are perfectly justifiable forms of affirmative action, while kids growing up like I did are expected to compete when the ground is anything but level."

"So today, my heart breaks for any young person out there who’s wondering what their future holds — and what kinds of chances will be open to them," Mrs. Obama concluded. "Today is a reminder that we’ve got to do the work not just to enact policies that reflect our values of equity and fairness, but to truly make those values real in all of our schools, workplaces, and neighborhoods."

Former President Barack Obama said in a statement, "Affirmative action was never a complete answer in the drive towards a more just society." He added, "But for generations of students who had been systematically excluded from most of America’s key institutions–it gave us the chance to show we more than deserved a seat at the table. In the wake of the Supreme Court’s recent decision, it’s time to redouble our efforts."

According to Keep Talking Greece, the Obamas are spending a part of their summer vacation on the islands of Paros and Antiparos with Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. Their arrival was confirmed by Paros Mayor Markos Kovaios. "He [Obama] is a useful person for the society, a special person. And it is a great joy and honor for us that he will come by our island," he said.

In a Twitter thread, Benny Johnson pointed out how lavish a lifestyle the Obamas live. "Michelle could have also tweeted about her "oppression" by the Supreme Court from her 29-acre, 7 bedrooms and 8, and a half bathroom estate on another private Island, Martha's Vineyard," he said.

He went on to point out the former first family's other multi-million dollar homes in Hawaii and Washington DC.

On Friday, the Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that race-based admission programs are unconstitutional under the equal protection clause in the Fourteenth Amendment. "Courts may not license separating students on the basis of race without an exceedingly persuasive justification that is measurable and concrete enough to permit judicial review," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the ruling.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Obama's”